Accurate and inclusive representation within commercial advertising has helped usher in a new era of advertising standards. Today, consumers demand more from the brands and companies they support. A 2018 report released by Getty Images found that 63% of consumers buy from brands that represent people like themselves, and 71% of consumers say it’s important they buy from brands that celebrate diversity.
During this Pride month, the 500px team is asking our photographer and contributor communities to reflect on the importance of diversity and inclusion. Every content creator and visual artist has the potential to create lasting change through their practice. It starts by intentionally and thoughtfully educating themselves on the importance of diversity, and including that into their practice.
The 500px team has put together an informative webinar on the importance of LGBTQ+ representation within Licensing. In this webinar the 500px team and guest panelist Kyle Khulman cover various aspects of creating authentic and genuine content for LGBTQ+ representation.
We cover topics such as:
- Avoiding harmful stereotypes
- Dos and don’ts of LGBTQ+ content
- Shot lists of in demand content to improve the scalability of your Portfolio
- How to accurately and effectively title and keyword your images
- How to approach the LGBTQ+ community and ask for model information
- Tips on selecting a safe and comfortable environment for your photoshoot
Plus, you will gain valuable insights from 500px Contributor Kyle Khulman on his experiences as both a model and photographer within the LGBTQAI+ community.
Watch the full webinar here!
Not on 500px yet? Sign up here to explore more impactful photography.